Whip cream protein, perhaps the most delicious and diet friendly dessert in my skill set to share. With a little work, you’ll be able to whip up a big bowl that’ll satisfy the sweet tooth and comes in at a measly 250~ calories and whopping 30g of protein. I can’t recommend this one enough, it’s saved me on more than a number of occasions when all I wanted was a tub of ice cream.
Pictured : Coconut Vanilla Raspberry
Hands On Time : 5-10 Minutes
Equipment : Immersion Blender + Whisk Attachment or Blender + Stand Mixer, 30 oz Steel Malt Cup (Optional), Food Scale (Recommended)
- 30g Casein Protein Powder
- 125g Frozen Berries
- 4.25 Ounces Water or Skim Milk (1.25 dl)
- Combine your frozen berries and liquid in a large cup / bowl and blend until you have a good smoothie texture going. Raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries work the best from my experience. For liquids, choose between ice cold water, almond milk, coconut milk, or skim milk. The higher the fat content, the more difficulty you’ll have getting it to “fluff up.”
- Proceed to add your protein powder, stir, and use your whisk attachment on your hand mixer for roughly 2-5 minutes until the whipping comes close to reaching the brim of your cup or bowl. It can take a good solid 2+ minutes to get it going, keep the faith and keep on mixing!
- Add toppings, eat immediately, smile.
Among the toppings and mixings I like to use are cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, coconut bits, bourbon vanilla extract, ground coffee, and powdered dark chocolate.
Protein Whipped Cream Weaponry
Here are the links to the the protein, cup, and food scale I’ve personally used with great success. I have a slightly different immersion blender but this one comes highly rated via Amazon.
Optimum Nutrition 100% Casein Protein – Amazon
Immersion Blender w/ Attachments – Amazon
Recipe hails from Martin Berkhan at his awesome blog LeanGains.com which I highly recommend you check out!