When cutting body fat, this simple chili is my go to staple. Delicious, easy to prep, and quickly makes 18 meals worth of protein. Add it to tacos, burritos, soups, sandwiches or my personal favorite, mixed with a heap of crisp vegetables.
Hands on Time: 20 Minutes
Equipment: Multicooker / Instant Pot
- 4 lbs lean ground turkey
- 8-12oz sliced bacon.
- 1-2 onions, diced.
- 1 taco seasoning packet or 1/4 cup chili powder + 2 tbls Cumin.
- 2 x 15oz cans black beans, drained.
- 1 x 26oz jar marinara sauce.
- 1/4 cup sriracha (optional)
- 6 cloves garlic, minced.
- 2 tbls olive oil.
- Salt & Pepper
- Chop the onions and garlic. Cut the sliced bacon into 1/4 inch slices, using a knife or kitchen shears.
- Set the Instant Pot to medium sauté function.
- Add the spices, olive oil, onions, garlic, onions, and bacon to the instant pot. Sauté until the bacon has rendered it’s fat and the onions are golden and soft.
- Add the turkey one pound at a time, using a stiff spatula to break it up into smaller pieces. Continue to do this until all 4 pounds of ground turkey have been added.
- Brown the turkey, periodically stirring it for 10-15 minutes.
- Once the turkey is mostly browned, add the black beans (drained), marinara sauce, sriracha (optional).
- Set Instant Pot to slow cooking function on low.
- Let cook 4-6 hours, or overnight using the “keep warm” function after it’s finished.
- Buy pre-chopped onions, garlic, and canned beans.
You can skip the bacon and use half ground beef and half ground turkey breast for a similar, heartier taste.
8 oz Serving = 31.7g Protein. 6.4g Fat. 13.2g Carbs.