Meat candy. Yea, that’s a real thing, and it’s AWESOME. Candied bacon ranks in my top 5 “cheat food” recipes, not only because it’s what I dream about during long and lonely nights but because it’s so damn simple to make.
Hands On Time : 5 Minutes
Equipment : Baking Sheet, Aluminum Foil
- 2 tbls Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup (60 ml)
- 9-12 Slices Bacon
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- In a small bowl, mix the brown sugar and maple syrup. Using a brush, evenly coat the top of the bacon.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until golden brown and slightly crispy.
- Allow bacon to cool for 5 minutes.
Check out this method from America’s Test Kitchen on making perfect bacon in the oven with a makeshift foil rack. Handy if you don’t have an elevated oven rack already on hand.